- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz Cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions or chopped green onions
- 1 1/3 lb ripe plum tomatoes (8 to 10 medium-size), sliced
- Place one oven rack in bottom position. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with crust. Crimp edges with a fork. Prick bottom and sides of dough in several places with a fork.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until crust looks slightly puffed and dry.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise and cheese
5. Fill the pie crust with sliced tomatoes and chopped onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Put the cheese and mayo mixture over the tomatos and pat down to get it all to fit in pie shell. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until crust is golden and juices are bubbling. Remove to rack to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Enjoy! This is even better left over the next day. Yummy